Wow! Can you believe it two posts in two days! I must be on a roll or something. LOL!
Anyway, I was just talking to Will about some things that went on today at our Ward Easter breakfast this morning. I was talking to Sister McDonald after the whole breakfast thing, when she asked if we were going to be doing anything for Easter. (Zac was standing next to me as we were having this conversation.) I told her that we weren't really planning much and that the Easter Bunny had already stopped by our house this morning. Zac pipes in and says, "Yeah, the Easter bunny already came to our house.....", he then leans a little closer to Sis. McDonald and says in a whisper, "I know." nodding his head. It was the funniest thing ever! I guess he didn't want anyone thinking that he was still in the dark about it all. I'm wondering if Isaac knows or not...hmm...
I did have Kaori, who is almost 7 yrs. old, come up to me today and say, "There's not really an Easter Bunny, it's really our parents." I said, "What?! No Easter Bunny? Who says that there's no Easter Bunny?! I don't believe it. I think there really is an Easter Bunny!" (I'm wondering what kid has spilled the beans. Pretty sure Zac was not the culprit, has to be someone at that Easter breakfast.) Kaori replies, "Oh, I was just thinking it by myself, there's no Easter Bunny...it's really our moms and dads." I tried my best to change her mind. . . I don't know if it worked....I'm pretty sure that someone spilled the beans....I wonder what she will think when the Tooth Fairy comes again... the loss of make believe innocence, such a sad day! Why do our kids have to grow up so fast?!
As a side note, poor little Kalia is fighting a cold. I thought that after the first two or three days that she was actually doing pretty good, getting over the worst...but today did not sound very good. So, of course, I was doing the mom thing and worrying, well, not as much now. I'm so thankful for a husband who holds the priesthood and can give us blessings when we are in need. I may need to still take her into the doctors on Monday, but at least I've been comforted to know that she will be fine. Words cannot begin to describe how I feel at this moment, just thinking about the priesthood and how truly amazing it is.
Well anyway, I won't be taking her to church tomorrow, which is kind of a bummer because I will be missing the Easter program. And, since I'll be staying home with her, that also means that Casey will be staying too. (If his interaction with his siblings the last couple of days is any indication of how things would go if he went with the other kids, I'll (and everyone else at church will) be glad that he is home with me! :p) Gotta love that cute little stinker! Which brings to mind his little after bathtime streaking through the house tonight with him wiggling his little behind at me in that "neener, neener, neener" sort of way..LOL!! Then, when I was putting lotion on....the same thing! How could I resist not swatting his little behind and pinching his bum cheeks?! LOL! Okay, probably a little too much information, but it was just so funny! Add to that, that he was wearing only his white socks as he is running around...LOL!!! He will be SO embarassed some day to read this! These are the precious moments that I hope to never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment